Event Start Date: Monday, January 07, 2019 – 4:00 PM
Event End Date: Monday, February 25, 2019 – 5:30 PM
Mondays, January 7 – February 25, 2019
It’s an exciting time to be alive — a time that requires listening deeply and speaking our truth.
This class is about much more than improving your communication skills. It’s about living and coaching in an environment that cultivates connection, courage, resilience, and kindness. It is about bringing compassion to the internal and external realities of yourself (and your clients).
We will practice transforming conditioned beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve us. As we let go of these outdated beliefs, new ideas and ways of thinking will emerge. Through the lens of coaching, the client is always viewed as being creative, resourceful, and whole. Right Speech encourages the action-oriented language of Positive Psychology to help clients live their fullest potential.
It’s a little embarrassing
that after 45 years of research and study,
the best advice I can give people
is to be a little kinder to each other.
~ Aldous Huxley
• Discover & experience the importance of mindfulness in communication
• Study & practice the four components of Non-Violent Communication
• Discover & learn how Self-Connection is the foundation of meeting Needs
• Identify & understand the expression of Unmet Needs through the lens of coaching
• Learn how to cultivate and embrace connection, courage, resilience & kindness
• Investigate alienating communication and the ways disconnection happens
• Learn to distinguish cultural & programmed needs from authentic needs
• Investigate & transform enemy images
• Learn the importance of noticing, connecting, and responding with self and others
• Learn how to reframe life stories to enhance, cultivate, and live with strong back & soft belly
• Learn how to apply simple, powerful and effective communication skills with coaching clients
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional: 12 EMDRIA CEUs and/or Counseling CEUs via New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Number of Core Competency (CC) credits: 12