Event Start Date: Friday, May 29, 2020 10:00 AM
Event End Date: Friday, July 17, 2020 1:30 PM
Choose your focus and Designation: Certified Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coach Specialist.
Coaches with 60 hours or more of coach-specific training are invited to focus on your coaching niche while earning certification within your specialization.
Seven live, interactive online classes:
1. Coach Competencies and Strengths – review the 11 Core Competencies of a Coach and discuss the Strength Areas for a Coach Specialist; define the type of coaching and the specialist coach; clarify roles.
2. Engaging and Understanding Your Clients – discuss approaches and examples for setting the foundation including establishing the agreement for the coaching session, establishing expectations, exploring the meaning for clients, determining the measurement of success, refining considerations, and creating quick wins.
3. The Coaching Relationship – explore how to co-create the relationship including different processes and plans, giving and earning trust, supporting and empowering the client, being fully aware and responsive, and expanding thinking while fully supporting the client in discussion and with examples.
4. Client Priority Management – analyze how your communication enhances your coaching, review examples for flexing to a client’s language and expressions, evaluate how to be responsive, formulate powerful questions, and integrate clear, direct language for coaching through class discussion and examples.
5. The Client’s Future – expand how you create awareness through exploration of examples for asking about insights, developing strategies and plans, defining client application, recognizing progress, and closing the engagement.
6. Challenges and Trends – explore how to manage different challenges in coaching and plan how to stay current as a coach.
7. Coaching Debrief – discuss insights, techniques, and approaches from the coaching practicum.
Independent Learning and Reports: Prior to each class there are reading assignments and all materials are provided. Following each webinar there are assignments designed for you to think and reflect, research and review, and enhance your learning.
Six group sessions: one as coach and five as participant as scheduled for the class
• Submit your coach bio, review the compiled bios of classmates, submit your order of preference for interviewing, and then interview three classmates. Be interviewed by three classmates as a prospective coach.
• Email your preferences for a coach and after you are assigned your coach and your client, schedule five individual sessions each as coach and as client with your partner and trainer as follows: one 30-minute session for co-creating the relationship, five 40-minute coaching sessions, and one 30-minute closing session.
• Listen to five recordings of your classmates coaching for your observations.
• Submit evaluations of your coach, yourself, and the coaches you observe via recording.
Final Report – write a report reviewing a coaching engagement, the tools and techniques you used, and the outcome for the client.
• List the competencies and strengths important to successful coaching.
• Define and self-assess the knowledge areas important to successful coaching.
• Explore the demonstration of coaching competencies through the PCC Markers.
• Explain the linkage between self-determination and decision-making.
• Co-create a best plan of action to formally engage in a coaching relationship.
• Co-explore and navigate with the client through a variety of prioritization processes and solutions.
• Understand self-management techniques to create long-term awareness and accountability with the client.
• Develop client’s ability to identify long term concerns and create strategies to sustain skills learned throughout the coaching process.
• Strengthen coaching competencies for helping clients in identifying and establishing solutions for long-term adherence and self-management.
• Create a plan for staying current as a coach.
• Explore the 11 ICF Core Competencies, PCC Markers, and Specialist Strengths as they apply when coaching.
• Practice the 11 Core Competencies and Strengths and demonstrate the PCC Markers in real time.
Center for Coaching Certification
800-350-1678 or 843-209-2641 direct
Number of Core Competency (CC) credits: 35