1900 Point W Way
Sacramento, CA 95815
Event Start Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 – 7:00 PM (Pacific)
Event End Date: Sunday, July 21, 2019 – 5:00 PM (Pacific)
Additional date for this event:
• September 18-22, 2019
Mastering Life’s Energies is a 4-day intensive for purpose-driven people ready to master their internal stopping points, make their unique contribution to life, and empower others to do the same.
This course is the foundational module of our Coach Certification Program, as well as our flagship, stand-alone intensive for personal and professional development.
• • • • • •
TOOLS & SKILLS FOR A LUMINOUS LIFE.
Luminous means: “emitting or reflecting light, startlingly bright, inspiring, radiant, resplendent, stunning, splendid.” In this course, you will learn the Luminous Life Method™ — a way to create a life in which you see, at any moment, that you are doing exactly what you are here to do. The Four Pillars of Luminosity are:
• Clarity: Seeing who you truly are and what is important to you. In this course you will discover your “True North” and gain tools to live by it.
• Focus: Putting your energy where it can do the greatest good. In this course, you’ll see where you’ve wasted energy, and how to get it back.
• Ease: Going for your dreams, but with elegance rather than struggle. In this course you’ll see how to “get things done” and still enjoy your life!
• Grace: Being consistently grateful for the privilege to engage your life. In this course, you’ll gain practices for bringing gratitude to each moment.
• • • • • •
CURRICULUM FOR A LIFE WELL-LIVED.
You will gain a foolproof set of tools, practices, and skills for living the Luminous Life, encapsulated by the Six Core Practices:
• Mindfulness: Quickly observe and rise above your self-limiting inner dialogue.
• Resilience: Stay centered and respond easily, no matter the circumstances.
• Authenticity: Act from who you truly are, rather than from your fears and pretense.
• Empowerment: Create a context in which others can see and act from their greatness.
• Growth Mindset: Continually and actively be “coached” by your life and all those in it.
• Creative Action: Bring your most cherished vision to reality by taking small sweet steps.
• • • • • •
A PROFOUND & PRACTICAL APPROACH.
Our work is rooted in ontology, the study of being. We look at what it truly is to be human: The values we live by, the heroic journey we are each here to take, and, ultimately, the gift to others we want to be known for. Our approach is:
• Universal: Our approach is grounded in principles found across spiritual and secular traditions, from ancient wisdom teachings to the latest research in neuroscience.
• Pragmatic: We turn timeless wisdom into an elegant framework of tools and practices for living your values, realizing your vision, and empowering others.
• Transformational: Our rigorous approach teaches you how to create lasting shifts in the way you see and do things — long after the high of an “aha” moment wears off.
• Compassionate: Our approach honors the wholeness and dignity of every person, and affirms our capacity to move beyond external obstacles and internal limitations.
• Socially conscious: As we support people to see their greatness, they naturally turn to the contribution they are here to make, to their community and to the world.
• • • • • •
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING:
“This work has taken my coaching to a new level and created a lot of energy in my life. I gained a deeper understanding about how I was getting in my way as a coach. The tools I learned have helped me as a coach and in my daily life, and as a result, I’ve been able to help my clients shift from their self-limiting thoughts to what’s most important to them.”
— Bengt Kallenberg, Executive & Career Coach
“I can say unequivocally that learning these tools, putting them into practice, and being in community with my classmates ever since, I’ve become more active in issues that matter deeply to me (anti-racism; gun control; the elections), more vocal, more able to invite others into honest conversation, and LESS weary of the challenges. I literally see people through a different lens.”
— Linda Bidlack, leadership and resilience coach
“I used to go from workshop to seminar to retreat, and leave inspired… but the “magic” always wore off. The difference with this training is profound and practical skills and tools I use every day (no joke), and solid support structures that keep me going. Now I’m doing what I’m really here to do, earning greater income, experiencing greater ease in my relationships, and playing with incredible energy toward my goals. I’m talking myself INTO my dreams rather than OUT of them.”
— Jenny Russell, Life Coach
“This course guided me gently, slowly, and with care, to see what stood in the way of my success and fulfillment. The opportunity to leave with more confidence and trust in my voice of wisdom than ever before was completely priceless.”
— Mazin Jamal Mahgoub • Coach, Artist, and Community Organizer
“Enriching experience extraordinaire. Principles, tools and experiential learning to build the skills needed to deepen my understanding of myself AND to show up in a way that is coherent with my values and my life’s purpose. Practical, accessible, and truly meaningful.”
— Mary Whitcomb, Executive Coach, PwC
“Mastering Life’s Energies taught me how to quiet my cultured and busy mind, stay present, and open up to my true self. This has allowed me to contribute to others more fully, share my gifts, and most importantly enjoy my life.”
— Eric Sargent • Coach; Program Manager for Baltimore Orchard Project
“Have you ever had one of those totally defining moments in your life? One that changes something fundamental within you in a way that you could never have anticipated? Well, this was it for me! Together with other brave course participants, I threw myself into a game-changing training programme, the likes of which I have never been on before. And I can tell you I’ve been on a great many courses through the years.”
— Annika Svensson • Coach, consultant and project/business developer
Number of Core Competency (CC) credits: 23
Number of Resource Development (RD) credits: 7